Though it’s not a strictly Christmas recipe, it’s original and great fun for the kids.
My aunty made them last Christmas and I just couldn’t stop snacking on them! These addictive little treats are delicious, fun and very, very easy to make.
The ingredients are:
1 x 675 packet of Nutri Grain
1 x 45 grams packet of Cream of Chicken Soup powder
1 x 45 grams packet of French Onion Soup powder
2 teaspoons of mustard powder
1 tablespoon of curry powder
2/3 cup of Canola oil
500 grams of unsalted peanuts
One you have all this the making of Nuts and Bolts is extremely simple…
1. Warm oil in microwave for about 20 seconds
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a lidded container
3. Shake until the Nutri Grain is covered with the dry ingredients
4. Pour and stir in oil and shake some more
5. Keep stored in an air tight container
If the Nutri Grain goes a little soggy, simply heat in a moderate oven until they are crispy again.
If you don’t like peanuts you can change the recipe to cashews or even some mixed nuts. You could even throw in a broken up packet of 2 minute noodles to make Nuts, Bolts and Screws!
Great for a snack as everyone arrives or shares out presents at Christmas, or make little packets of it as gifts.