So what sort of Christmas tree do you have in your house? Did you think about it or just go with habit or the first option?
I LOVE the smell and atmosphere of a real pine tree in the house, but I feel terrible cutting down a tree for a few weeks’ pleasure. So here are my thoughts on which type of tree is ‘best’.
An artificial tree is good because:
- doesn’t kill a real tree
- cheaper than buying a tree every year
- doesn’t droop or go brown over December
- no mess (pine needles can be a pain to clean up)
- fire-retardant so safer
- often on sturdy stands which may be safer than a tree held in a bucket by a few bricks
- easy to access – most big shops sell them and you can even order them online!
- it is lighter to move around – and easier when folded – than a real tree