We spend Christmas Eve doing silly things as a family!
It started when our kids were little but we all love it so it’s kept going – our kids are now grownup and bring along boyfriends and wives, too. The new comers find it a bit strange at first but soon they’re hooked – it’s a lovely way to relax before the big day and it really gets us feeling good and happy to be together.Being silly on Christmas Eve is great family fun!Click To Tweet
A lot of it is just silliness that follows when you laugh a lot but some things we do are:
- think up lots of alternative reindeer names for Santa or give each other reindeer names
- tie pillows around our tummies and say ho ho ho a lot
- someone usually finds something silly at a discount shop and we all take turns wearing it and acting to suit – so we get snooty with a feather boa or have a twang with a cowboy hat
- read out spoonerisms (where parts of words are swapped around in a story e.g. Santa’s sleigh skies through the fly)
- having staring competitions
- sing silly songs (like ‘next verse, same as the first, a little bit louder and a little bit worse’)
- tell tall tales where one person starts the story and stops mid sentence for someone else to continue on
We’re always keen for more silliness so bring on your ideas please!!!!!