While we don’t go shopping anywhere just to get their gimmicks, we have managed to gather a few of the Woolworths Christmas collectables this year. Have you collected them, too?
I decided to keep them aside so we could put them together as a Christmas activity, which we did this afternoon. It was a simple activity but we all enjoyed doing it together.
I have no idea if we have all the different pieces but it is a good collection, and here are some of my thoughts about them.
- they are made of cardboard – not plastic – so that is a HUGE win (we wouldn’t have collected any at all had they been plastic)
- they are sturdy so will last – I think they will even be okay to use again next Christmas!
- the layers of board can separate a bit too easily meaning pushing some bits through the slot was hard (particularly the key going into the robot – my daughter couldn’t get it in)
- the collectables are more challenging to put together and sturdier than the ornaments in our press out advent calendar
- some pieces don’t stand very well – for instance, the Christmas tree has two parts but as only one rests on the ground the final tree is wobbly
We don’t have the Christmas tree stand – Woolworths decided to only give it to some members (those who buy the ‘correct things’ during the year according to their response when I questioned this) and sell it to others, and I choose not to pay for it. So the kids can just arrange them on the mantle piece or their window sills I think.
Where do (or would) you display these collectables in your house? Would you add them to your stored Christmas items for next ear as well?