I first made these for my daughter to take to a ‘bring a dish’ Christmas break up for her scout troop, and I think they’re quite effective – and very Australian!
You could of course make the Anzacs – or buy a packet as I did to save time.
Decorating the biscuits
- Melt some white chocolate
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each Anzac biscuit
- Add some red and green to each biscuit to represent holly
- Let the chocolate set (it doesn’t take long unless it’s a hot day!) and serve
Simple, effective and they travel pretty well so make a good plate to take to functions.
Red and green decorations…
To create the holly, I used red and green smarties as a very quick option (and one I’m quite partial to!) but a little more effort will get a fancier result.
Other ideas I’ve had are:
- use a red smartie as is but half the green smarties so they are thinner and look more like leaves
- cut up some spearmint leaves
- get an edible cake topper with Santa or another Christmas theme to pop on top
- glace cherries (not my preferred choice, but they’d look good!)
- cut the top part off a lolly raspberry for a real berry look
- sprinkle red and green 100s & 1000s over the chocolate – not so much like holly but very pretty!
Have you got any other suggestions for adding the red and green?